Friday, December 17, 2010

Greetings from Romania

Dear followers,

As most of you know, I have been making plans to travel to Romania with Samaritan's Purse to reconstruct my shoe box story. Lance and I (along with Livia (another recipient) and OCC crew) arrived to Romania on Wednesday evening.  However, a lot of bags (including all four of our bags as well as very important bags containing equipment) did not arrive.  After numerous calls and misunderstandings, we are still missing one bag of video equipment.  Can you say that's Satan getting in the way?

The good news is that we have found great locations for all the shooting episodes, as well as the right kids to reconstruct our stories.  It is amazing to see how details fall into place leading to good footage.  The kids are excited to be actors, and the people helping us are very cooperative, for the most part.

The good and bad news altogether is that there is snow!  This is good for my story but not for another girl's story.  It is so pretty though, just like I remember winter growing up.  I am looking forward to Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas, we get to spend it with my family, which is so valuable to me.  It's been six years since I've been home for Christmas.

Tomorrow at 10 a.m. we should start filming my story.  Pray that it goes well.  I've attached a picture below with my new friends:  little Sorina and little Bobby (my brother) who got shoe boxes.  Their actual names are Elisa and Emi, and they are excited to be a part.


I'm sorry I couldn't post anything sooner, but hopefully in the next couple of days I can say more.

As we say in Romania, noapte buna (good night)!

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting to hear and it's so good to get this update. Praying the filming goes well. I know your story is going to be a great blessing to so many and bring in many more gospel opportunities. Of course Satan is not pleased, but he isn't the one in charge here.

    ReplyDelete